Food

It felt like today was all about food.

Whipped mascarpone is w-a-y better than whipped cream.
The Husband had a hankering to try breakfast at our favorite bakery - one that just expanded into a bakery/cafe.  No time to do my hair or slap on some make-up, just headed over there straight from the shower.  We both had the brioche french toast with whipped mascarpone and fresh berries. Lovelovelove it.  It was a rare treat. (And they are so hospitable there - after I whined a bit about how I looked she kindly said it must be because we all feel like family.  We stop there once a month on our way home from haircuts for a kouign amann. It's a heavenly treat!  But that means they've only seen me with un-done hair and face.)

Much later, after finally getting my hair done and dabbing on some mascara we ran out to do some errands. Errands done it was time for food.  A gift card to Outback provided us with some yummy tummy fillers.

Followed by treats at Rita's Ice-Custard-Happiness since we had a coupon worth up to $10 in treats. (Personally I think the place is over-priced, over-rated, and over-sugared. But we had to use our free treat coupon before it expired!)

All that food left me full until after 8 p.m. when I knew The Husband was ready for something. Quickly I put together a pineapple/banana smoothie (with greek yogurt and walnuts) and have to admit was pretty tasty.  Just enough for the two of us to split and not get over-full.

Food all day long that wasn't trauma for our wallets?  Pretty wonderful.  A day without cooking: priceless!

The Husband is working hard on his presentation for the PSC (Public Service Commission) regarding the additional fee the power company is requesting.  Didn't know until yesterday he'd have to do a presentation as well.  He's mildly sweating it.  And I know we aren't supposed to "wait" our life away, but I'm pretty sure he can't wait until this is all over.

I'm grateful tonight for good food.  For its abundance in my life (so much so that my body is a bit more abundant than it should be) and that we not only have enough, but food that is healthy as well.

(And I just received an accidental Face-Time Visit from a couple grandkids.  What fun!  Although, next time, please make it on purpose and when it isn't dinner-time so we can chat with everyone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment