Friday Again---Already?

I just don't know where the time has gone this week.  I've played catch-up ever since we returned from our Thanksgiving visit to our kids.  I loved the visit. Wish I didn't feel so overwhelmed!

Ran out this morning to pick up a couple items.  (I'm determined to peck away at my list until it is all accomplished. Trouble is, for every thing I cross off the list, it seems like I add a couple more!)  Had to run home after the first stop - my debit card was in my other jacket pocket from getting gas in the car the other day.  Can't go to Costco without my card. (And I only meant to go to Costco for some 9V batteries to quiet a chirping smoke detector.  Everyone knows the drill - when one starts to chirp the others are quick to join the chorus.)

As expected, Costco was....hmmm...busy.  The guy at the register - working as fast as he could - said it looked like I was about done with all my Christmas preparations.  I just smiled (probably more like a grimace) rolled my eyes and said I was barely started.  He chuckled and said not to worry, in three weeks it will all be over.  Seriously!  I wanted to sit down in the middle of the store and just cry. Only three weeks left?  I'll never make it!

Joann's was also...busy.  As was the Credit Union, K-Mart and every other parking lot I passed. I heard more than the usual honking car horns, saw more than the usual running of stop signs and sliding through orange lights. Apparently, stress abounds.

The Husband was determined yesterday to be able to report lots and lots of steps for his fitness thing at work.  (He signed up for the holiday "maintain-not-gain" thing.)  He grabbed me for a bit of a walk, I loved being out in the fresh air with him, we so rarely get to spend time like that just going for a walk.  I remember a year or two (about a decade ago) when we went for a walk nearly every night right after dinner.  I loved it.  I took this picture of the fun clouds as the sun was sinking out of sight.

And speaking of The Husband - here's a picture of his whiskers that I took outside in the sun.  I still can't decide if I like the way they look - it changes his face so! I do know, though, that they're not my favorite when it comes to kissing.  Much too prickly.  Even at the longer, softer length, I end up getting poked when he rubs his cheek against mine.  Looking with anticipation toward Monday when I think he's planning to shave them off.

This morning on my walk I was thinking about Heavenly Father and wondering what His hopes were for me.  Have I managed to fulfill my measure in the least?  I often wonder how far below my potential I've lived.  I shudder to think how often I have disappointed Heavenly Father.  I don't know what the real answer to the problem is, I guess I just need to keep trying and do my best.  Hopefully He will be lenient with me. Heaven knows how much patience I require.

I'm grateful today for the beauty around us.  Rarely do I Christmas shop in 55 degree weather.  It has been so stunningly beautiful out.  I'm grateful to see the urban deer when we walk.  I'm grateful for those who keep their tempers in check when driving.  I'm grateful for cheerfulness. And I'm grateful for miracles - of all shapes and sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment