Socks

The inversion wasn't quite as bad this a.m. so I decided to take a chance and walk outside.  I didn't see a single other person walking the trail this morning and was only barked at by that one nasty dog so it was a hugely successful walk.  I have so missed the trail.

I am a huge sock fan.  Practically the only time I'm barefoot is in bed, in the shower and on the beach.  I pretty nearly always wear socks.  So of course I need a sock wardrobe.  I have thin no-show socks for summer, thicker warmer socks for winter, medium ones for general purpose, liners for tighter shoes and best of all: my favorites for walking.
Favorite socks!

For Christmas I received three pair of socks from two of my favorite brands.  They make walking so much more pleasant.  I love love love socks in general and these walking socks in particular. Between finally finding some great walking shoes and having just the perfect walking socks, the trail is much kinder to my feet.  No wonder I like being out there so much!

Blooming Peace Lily
Was given this planter for my birthday last year.  I haven't really known the names of the plants, I just call them green (if I'm lucky).  The husband found out the name of this one the other day - what a fun name.  And what a fun surprise to find it blooming.  I thought for awhile that perhaps it was a new leaf, but no, even better - the plant blooms.  Yay for blooming things.

Went last night to Hale and saw The Foreigner.  Totally NOT politically correct (or even acceptable) by today's standards but what a fun evening.  The cast was perfect and I loved the whole thing.  Best of all:  I was with my bestest friend.

Feeding the missionaries dinner in a while.  So very out of my comfort zone.  I hope they like salad and pizza.  (And thanks to the gal at Papa Murphy's who saved me $12 on the pizza with her kind suggestion.  So nice to know that kindness and thoughtfulness still exist in the business world.  I'll go there again!)

Got a call the other day from our pregnant-can-do-it-all neighbor who found she just couldn't quite do it all.  It took maybe 5 minutes to walk over and help her tip something out of her car.  (She was too short and too pregnant.)  Next thing we know, we were receiving a plate of cupcakes in thanks.  How very kind of her.  I'm always so surprised at that.  We never do anything for another expecting a reward.  We enjoy helping out and are always so pleased that someone thinks enough of us to call.  But, please, call again!

And it's friday.  Tomorrow we might catch a movie, install some shelves and enjoy a non-scheduled day.  Then it'll be almost time for The Husband to depart for the week.  I so dread our separations.  But have a heart overflowing with gratitude.  For employment, for employment that The Husband enjoys, for the gift of employment that allows working from home, and for a man who isn't afraid of working hard for us.  Yes, very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment