This Day...

Just keeps getting more and more strange.

Was woken around midnight and then again around 3 a.m. by noisy teens on the trail behind our house.  We now have our back gate decorated with foul words that I have been unable to remove in spite of great effort in the 98 degree weather.

Thought I'd be kind and let our neighbor know she's got the same kind of thing on her back fence. Don't think I'll be doing that again.  Don't care for the barrage of words and volume and directions to follow that I received about stuff I have no control over.  Via text and in person when I ran into her at the store.

Was asked to lead the music for a funeral tomorrow.  Called to find out the songs so I could take a gander at them.  The sister I called (the organist) shared that she'd received an e-mail (in answer to one she sent) from the Bishop that the family has arranged for other music.  The organist won't be needed. Will I be needed?  At this moment I'm not sure who knows.  Certainly not me.  Am waiting for a call or text from the Bishop.

Stopped at the post office to mail in my passport for renewal.  The exact same size envelope with the exact same papers in it as two weeks ago when I mailed in The Husband's passport for renewal.  It cost me $1 more.  And no matter what I said to the postal worker...I was wrong.  She told me I must not have the same amount of papers, I must have done something different, I must be wrong-wrong-wrong. At least that's what I think she said.  Our local post office seems to only employ people who speak English as a second or third language.  I also suspect her of having mush in her mouth.  And chewing gum at the same time.  And directing her words downward so I couldn't even remotely see her lips in an effort to read them.  I grumbled about how it seemed odd I'd be charged $1 more for the exact same thing.  She was more than happy to send it expedited mail for me for $19.99.  And I was thinking where on earth did that come from?  I'm quibbling about spending $1 more and she wants me to spring for an additional $20?

And there is nowhere in the valley I can go without encountering road construction.  No. where.

I think it's safe to say that I've had better Mondays.

This 20 foot by 40 foot flag has been suspended on climbing rope at the mouth of a nearby canyon by some patriotic citizens.  I think it's pretty cool.
Puts some of my selfish grousing to shame when I think about all the sacrifices that have been made for our freedoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment