Saturday Again

 And it's been a fine few days.  Thursday morning I left the house - surrounded by multiple inches of snow.  Returned a few hours later to sunshine, green grass and blooming flowers. (Although these particular pansies are over by the library.)

I've been for walks, out to lunch with sweet friends who are kind and accepting of my faults and shortcomings (and patient with my silly schedule), read some books, eaten out with a couple of my favorite people (Cubby's is one of our new favorites!  But we'll be avoiding the Lehi location at 6 p.m. on Friday's - w-a-y overcrowded / noisy.), gotten a few things accomplished - including some birthday shopping for a granddaughter and shared some deeply appreciated (and needed) hugs.

Noticed The Husband's Christmas cactus is blooming.  He's good at babying it along - I'm too impatient for that extreme fussiness in plants.  My philosophy:  find a place in the house they like, plop them in it, dispense water when they plead for moisture (and otherwise ignore their needs) and enjoy!

The Husband has rinsed the mud from the windows in preparation for the professional window washers coming this week, clean sheets are on the bed, the floors have been vacuumed and we're ready for a movie!  How fortunate we are to have windows to look out, beds to cover with comfy sheets and floors that are soft underfoot.

Went to a rehearsal this morning and was touched during the opening prayer by the words this sister spoke.  She stated our love for our Heavenly Father and requested His help in making our homes places of sweetness  (what a wonderful mental image).  When I said amen, I agreed with all that she said.

I'm grateful for the immeasurable blessing of music.  For the sunshine that helps things grow and brightens our spirits.  For the treat of gelato.  And for kind people who are generous with their smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment