I'm So Behind

Fri. night's moonrise
And I'll likely be "behind-er" because it takes me so long to put my thoughts out there.  But I'm just going to take the time.

Mon. a.m. moonset
The Husband arrived home safely Friday evening.  We had a quick bite, then took a bit of a drive, stopping in at several places, though I resisted spending money.  Yay for me:  I so dislike spending money.

Loved the tree against the sunrise
Saturday morning we spent some time working in the front gardens.  Planted some seed and zonal geraniums.  (Experimenting with the seed geraniums, decided they were so cheap we'd give them a try.  Hopefully I'll remember to post some after pictures - if, that is, they all survive my ministrations.) Our yard work also included planting a few other things (the ones in back will have to wait for another day), rose pruning / feeding.  And much "oh, my aching back" moaning.   My back isn't accustomed to bending over like that.  It rebels.  (Remnants of the car accident that fractured several vertebrae all those eons ago?) And excuse the blurriness of some of the pictures - when I crop them so much that's what happens, they lose their crispness!
Geraniums before they're really lovely
My be-loved Hawthorne tree.

Sunday was spent at church, playing again for Primary.

And the whole weekend we just wanted to be near each other.  I received a few hugs (though never enough) and some absolutely phenomenal foot rubs.

We saw our first hummingbird of the season - the feeder was put out just in time.  As well as enjoyed the jays that have visited our freshly supplied seed feeders.

Fun thing to get in the mail.
I shared a couple sentences with our R. S. president.  I loved her comment.  She mentioned some aches she gets when she eats too much sugar.  But said it was good that she knows right away. Unlike some other consequences of our actions that might take a long time to appear.  I liked that reminder that our actions pretty much always have some sort of consequence / effect.  Hopefully the best result will be our reward in the Hereafter.

And then I loved this quote that I heard yesterday:

I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for; perfection is God's business.

And now that I've spent far too long in front of this computer, I've got to get busy.  If I'm lucky, I'll finish most of it today.

I'm so grateful for the return of the resident prince, for a birthday to celebrate this week.  For clean clothes to fold.  For an electricity bill that was only $9.10. And for the hope of a heavenly reward at some long distant future date.

No comments:

Post a Comment